Last Modified 9 May 2017.
- OUR DETAILS
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in the following ways.
When you give it to us, for example when you:
- provide Personal Information about yourself to enter one of our competitions or promotions
- opt in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information
- rate or post any comments regarding content
- cast a vote on anything within our online services
- HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information operationally (either directly ourselves or through one of our partners) to:
- process any requests or orders for goods or services that you may have requested or purchased
- enter you for the competitions or promotions which you have indicated you wish to enter
- identify your personal preferences for any communications to you such as newsletters
- provide you with access to any of our online communities that you are a member of and to provide you with updates relating to those communities
- allow you to post comments, rate content or cast your vote
- respond to or deal with any queries or complaints that you may have
In addition and with your consent we (and if applicable, our partners or other trusted third parties) use your Personal Information for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. It is up to you how much or how little information you allow us to use for these purposes. Our on screen notices will ask for your explicit permission (often by way of a tick box) for such additional purposes. These purposes include:
- to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) with updates regarding any account you may have with us or services you have requested from us
- to communicate with you from time to time by email, by mobile (using SMS or, if your mobile device permits, MMS messages or similar technologies) and occasionally by post with our newsletters, information, offers and other material which may interest you (such communications may be sent by third party service providers on our behalf)
- to make your information available from time to time to trusted partners and third parties, for the same purposes as above (which will be in accordance with the privacy policies of such trusted partners and third parties)
- to conduct market research, for example by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always try to tell you before you participate in the survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used
- to maintain and administer the Site
- for other purposes as described to you at the time you give your explicit permission
You accept and acknowledge that you consent that we may disclose your information within the VII family or to third parties under the circumstances described below.
- In addition to disclosing Personal Information to VII in connection with Single VII Sign-On, we may disclose information to VII for marketing, administrative and/or other purposes.
- We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site's services, features, functions and operations. We shall refer to these third parties as "operational service providers". We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your information to operational service providers for the purpose of providing services to us.
- In addition to the above, we make your Personal Information available to certain third parties in
the following limited circumstances:
- If necessary in order that we may provide, maintain, host and support the Site;
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process) or if requested by a governmental agency or other authority as part of an investigation;
- In connection with competitions or promotions, as necessary to administer the competitions or promotions or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to provide winners' lists or make required filings as appropriate);
- Where you have expressly requested we do so; and/or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, or potential or actual merger, acquisition, sale, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or VII.
Some of the partners and third parties with whom we share your information for the purposes set out above may be outside of the European Union and in countries which may provide a lower standard of protection for personal data, by using our online services you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EU.
Please be advised that your personal information may be transferred to and processed by our affiliates in the United States. Please see the Viacom policy which includes detailed information on these affiliates' privacy practices and note that we may take additional measures to protect your personal data.
- OUR REGISTRATION AND ONLINE COMMUNITIES
5.1 User Registration; Third Party Social Media Network Sign-On; Single VII Sign-On. If we offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, there may be a few options for you to register: Site Registration (as described below), Third Party Social Media Network Sign-On (as described below) and, if you have previously registered on another VII website, application or other interactive service using one of those methods, Single VII Sign-On (as defined and described below) if offered by this Site. In each case, you are required to either use a pre-existing user name and password (together, your "User ID") or select a new User ID.
5.1.1 Site Registration. For Site registration, you are required to select a User ID and may be required to also provide other Information, such as your email address and date of birth. Additional Information may be requested and/or required during the registration process. After you have registered for the Site under Site Registration, we may recognize you when you visit certain other VII websites, applications or other interactive services across devices (such as when you login) and permit you to use Single VII Sign-On (as described below) to register for and login on such other websites, applications or other interactive services, but please note that other VII websites, applications or other interactive services may set additional or different requirements for membership, such as minimum age.
After you have registered for the Site through SMN, we may recognize you when you visit certain other VII websites, applications or other interactive services and permit you to use Single VII Sign-On (as described below) to register for and login on such other websites, applications or other interactive services.
5.1.3 Single VII Sign-On. If you are not already registered for the Site, but are registered on other VII websites, applications or other interactive services through any of the above methods, we may permit you to use your User ID from such other VII websites, applications or other interactive services to register for and log into this Site ("Single VII Sign-On"), but please note that this Site may set additional or different requirements for membership, such as minimum age, than those requirements set by other VII websites, applications or other interactive services.
Also note that, for your online privacy and security, if other people have access to your device, we recommend you log out of your account after visiting any of the websites, applications or other interactive services that are associated with your account.
The Site may also provide features, functions and/or services powered by an SMN or other third party. For example, Information may be disclosed to an SMN through plug-ins offered by such SMN (such as Likes, Shares or commenting). Please take care when using any SMN or other third party service and familiarize yourself with the SMN's or other third party's policies and agreements, if any, that govern such use.
- UNSUBSCRIBING/ AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION / NEWSLETTERS
You can amend certain information you have given us when registering for our online communities by logging into your account and using the tools provided to edit or amend certain information.
If this Site offers user registration and you are registered to use the Site, you may deactivate your account on the Site, at any time and for any reason, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting deactivation of our account, along with your username and password. We may request additional verification to process your request.
To unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication).
If you want to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us by emailing us at specifying your name, user-name, email address and telephone number and asking for your information to be removed or specifying any questions you may have.
However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, Viacom may limit or deny your access to, or removal of, your information where the burden or the expense of providing access or removal would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, the legitimate rights of other persons would be violated or an exception applies under applicable law.
We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorised access. However, regardless of our efforts and the device you use to access the Site, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions, private communications or information.
This policy was last updated 9 May 2017.