- The kinds of Personal Information we collect from users of the Site and how that information is collected;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties;
- How you can access, update or delete any Personal Information collected about you by us; and
- The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting our users' privacy. Keeping the Personal Information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use, disclose and maintain your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
- Collection and Use of Personal Information: When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean information such as your first/middle initial or name and last name, street address, town or city, state, postcode, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personal Information also includes information about your personal preferences and survey responses.
We collect Personal Information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use any services, features or functions of the Site. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience on the Site, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you visit the Site according to your preferences.
- Collection of Personal Information During Registration.
To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, you are required to select a user name and password (together, your "User ID"), and may be required to also provided other Personal Information, such as your email address, first and last name, gender, date of birth, country and postcode. Additional Personal Information may be requested during the registration process (but not required), such as cable/satellite provider, ethnic information, and annual income. We will allow you to change the password portion of your User ID, as well as certain other Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information you have given us in order to keep your information current, but once you select a user name you will not be able to change that user name provided to us during registration and which is associated with your User ID. Among other things, these kinds of information help us securely identify you as a registered or permitted user of the Site and our features and functions. You will not be able to change your date of birth without sufficient verification.
All member benefits are free.
- Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions.
During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site, such as chat rooms, message boards, electronic mail services, messaging services, registration and member profile pages.
- Collection of Personal Information during email newsletter registration You may subscribe to a free email newsletter or other email distribution. You may select such option by clicking on “Crap” on the main navigation and then “Newsletter. On this page you be required to supply your name, e-mail address, gender and date of birth. You will also have the right to unsubscribe from a newsletter or other email distribution, click on the relevant link on the newsletter/other email (which can normally be found at the bottom of the communication).
- Use of Communities If you use any of the Communities' features and functions made available on or through the Site, please remember that any information disclosed in these venues is automatically made public. You should exercise caution when disclosing any Personal Information in the Communities, as you do not know who will access and use your Personal Information or for what purposes. Comedy Central is in no way responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive through these venues and you should assume that any disclosure you do make in these venues will be available publicly, even without your knowledge or authorization.
By subscribing to the email newsletter or other email distribution, you therefore acknowledge and consent to the submission, collection, transfer, storage, and processing of your information andin the United States.
- Collection of Personal Information During Registration.
- Accuracy and Confidentiality It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Site.
- Disclosure to Third Parties We do not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities or entities that are not our Advertisers, except in the limited circumstances listed below. As stated above, we will disclose Personal Information related to or contained in a Posting in connection with the display of and other services relating to such Posting as such Personal Information is intended to be disclosed. When we plan to disclose your Personal Information to Advertisers, we ask for you to opt in to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to the Advertisers' own privacy policies.
- Operational Service Providers We have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site's services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as "operational service providers". We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with this Site or the Comedy Central Channel. Additionally, such providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties.We will make your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our Parent Companies or Affiliates
- Security & Protection of Personal Information We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
- Phishing Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers' personal identity data and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use 'spoofed' e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Sensitive Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site's Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer
- Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information Generally, you may review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by this Site. You may also correct factual inaccuracies. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. Deletion or attempted deletion of certain Personal Information, such as your user name, may not be permitted and/or may result in suspension of your account or termination of any registration you may have made. To review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site, click to http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/about/contact-us/ and sending a request or click your user name to get to the account update page.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation a registered user of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user's account or any services, features or functions. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and a contact person for further inquiries.
Copyright © 2009 MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. - All Rights Reserved.